When the temperature rises, people often look for lighter fare. A greek salad is in my opinion one of the perfect summer side dishes. If you are looking for a greek salad recipe that packs in a lot of flavor, this is the one to make.
Vegetarian Greek Salad
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Lemon Juiced
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives Pitted
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Peppercorini Peppers
- 2 Large English Cucumbers Peeled and diced
- Step #1 – Combine the salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice together by whisking in a bowl. Set aside.
- Step #2 – Chop the cucumber, dice the onion and combine in a large serving bowl with the feta cheese, olives and peppercorini peppers.
- Step #3 – Pour the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper mixture over the bowl of cucumber, red onion, olives, peppercorini peppers and feta cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What I love most about this Greek salad recipe.
My favorite thing about this salad is that it tastes so good! I have been making this every two weeks as one of my summer staples. While it is best served immediately, it is okay to refrigerate the leftovers and eat the next day too.
The olive oil will harden in the cold temperature of the fridge, but will become liquid again once it reaches room temperature. So if you plan on serving as a side dish with dinner or lunch as a leftover, remove from the fridge 15 minutes prior to consuming.
A Low Carb Friendly Salad To Add To the Mix
This salad is what I would call low carb and keto friendly. At one point and time I was following a low carb diet. While I just can’t seem to stop eating delicious white bread for the moment, I still prefer a low carb option when I can.
If You Love Greek Salad, Try This…
Martha Stewart has a great recipe for a Greek salad with a twist. I recommend her recipe called New Greek Salad. On her website she showcases a delectable Greek salad with croutons made with olive bread. Yum!
Idea: Why not use this olive oil dressing on other salads?
The dressing on this Greek salad recipe is so simple. When a dressing is simple it allows for the vegetables to really showcase their flavors. I typically use this olive oil dressing recipe on ALL the salads I make.