I am excited to share with you my recipe for vegetarian cauliflower buffalo wings! Just this week I made the transition to being vegetarian, so I am trying out lots of new vegetarian recipes, and you can expect to see more on the blog.
Cauliflower has become my new best friend as far as meat replacement goes. It is such a versatile vegetable to cook with and I must say that this dish really did fill me up.
I recommend making vegetarian cauliflower buffalo wings for both an appetizer and for a main course.
If you are also following a keto based diet, this recipe fits all of those marks very well. It is low in carbohydrates, and has good fats with the blue cheese added.
If you are vegan, you can simply leave the blue cheese out, or opt for a vegan based dressing such as one of Daiya’s plant based dressings.
Vegetarian cauliflower buffalo wings
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce Frank's
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Stalk Celery sliced
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- Step #1 – Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Meanwhile, slice the entire head of cauliflower into bite size pieces and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Step #2 – Coat the cauliflower with the salt, pepper and olive oil. Place in oven, and allow to cook and brown for about 15 minutes.
- Step #3 – While the cauliflower is baking, slice the stalks of celery into smaller sticks, and pour aside blue cheese dressing, or simply blue cheese crumbles.
- Step #4 – Remove cauliflower from the oven and place in a large bowl. Coat the cauliflower with the buffalo sauce, and serve immediately.
This Recipe is Low in Calories
One of things I love my simple vegetarian cauliflower buffalo wings recipe is that it is low in calories. It comes in at only 128 calories per serving which makes this a great dish to keep on rotation if you are watching your calorie intake.
If you love playing around with creating recipes, but you aren’t sure about the nutritional breakdown, I highly recommend checking out the website Very Well Fit.
I use this everytime I make a new recipe. Simply type in all your ingredients along with the proportion measurments, and it will calculate nutritional information.
You can see the exact breakdown of this vegetarian cauliflower buffalo wings recipe here.