I love making my own salsas, and this easy green salsa verde recipe is healthy, free from additives, food coloring and “natural ingredients” that you will find on the backs of many salsa labels in the grocery store.
Making your own green salsa verde recipe at home is so easy and tastes way better than anything you will find in the grocery store. I am so excited to share with you my salsa recipe today.
Disclosure: This page contains some affiliate links . Please know that I may receive a percentage or commission from a link included on this page, at no cost to you. I will only recommend a product or service that I have used or believe has substantial value to my readers.
This easy green salsa verde recipe is very low in calories.
I calculated the contents of all of the ingredients from the website Very Well Fit. This website is handy when calculating calories for home made recipes. Simply type in your ingredients, serving sizes, and voila it tells you how many calories per serving your dish is.
Now I should point out this low calorie dish is only for the green salsa verde recipe and not the added tortilla chips. But even so, it boils down to a low calorie snack.
Another reason why I love this recipe so much is because it is very cheap to make.
The ingredients at most will cost you a total of $5. When you are focused on keeping grocery costs low, which is one of the biggest expenses for most families, than this is definitely a recipe you will want to try.
Below you will find my entire easy recipe along with with step by step instructions. If you have 15 minutes you can make this dish.
Additionally, if you like this dish, you may also enjoy my homemade guacamole recipe.
Easy Green Salsa Verde Recipe
- Vitamix Blender
- Cutting Board
- Oven Broiler
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1.5 lbs. Tomatillo
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Lime
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Shallot
- Remove the husk from the tomatillos and discard. Next rinse the tomatillos and the jalapeno and set on a baking sheet. Set the broiler on high and brown for a total of seven minutes. Turning the contents half way through.
- Next chop the scallion, garlic and cilantro and place in the Vitamix blender.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime into the blender. Also add the salt and pepper and water to the Vitamix.
- Once the tomatillos and jalapeno have been browned, remove from the broiler and place inside the Vitamix. Pulse until completely blended.
- Serve warm alongside your favorite tortilla chips.