I don’t know about you, but I love easy crockpot dinner recipes. Making meals in my crockpot allows me to to have more time to do other errands, clean, get some exercise in, basically doing “all of the things” while a delicious meal is cooking.
I love the set it and forget it mentality of crockpot dinners because it means more time to do other things while dinner cooks. If you are looking for easy crockpot dinner recipes than you are going to love this round up of my favorite 10 easy crockpot dinner recipes.
1. Pulled BBQ Chicken
The first on the list is one of my go to recipes, pulled barbecue chicken. This recipe is very easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients which makes it #1 on my list of 10 Easy Crockpot Dinner Recipes.
There are only 6 ingredients needed:
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cups of bbq sauce
- 1 cup of Italian dressing
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
Simply put all ingredients in the crockpot on high for 4 and a half hours and voila, you have the perfect pulled bbq chicken dish. I like to accompany this dish with my purple cabbage slaw. If you like, you can make this a pulled bbq chicken sandwich by putting the chicken and slaw on a potato bun.
2. Pineapple Pork Loin
I don’t know about you but I love a sweet and savory combination like this pineapple pork loin recipe from the website sweet and savory meals.
This recipe has a total of 7 ingredients:
- 2 pounds of pork loin
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (23.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- A dash of salt and pepper
Lastly, after all items are combined in the crockpot, set it on low and cook for 4-6 hours.
3. White Chicken Chili
In my house we cook chili a lot. I mean A LOT. My husband usually requests chili for his meal prep lunches for the week ahead. We cook chili honestly twice a month and use this recipe.
But I love this white chicken chili recipe from the website Passion for Savings. Its an alternative twist from the traditional red sauce and ground beef chili that we make so often.
The ingredient list for this recipe is more extensive, but I love how unique this recipe is so I wanted to include it in my round up of the 10 easy crockpot dinner recipes. After adding all ingredients to the crockpot, hands on time is very limited which makes this a very easy crockpot recipe.
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast
- 1 White Onion Diced
- 2 Cans of White Northern Beans
- 1 Can of Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 10 oz. Can of Rotel
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 – 32 oz. Container of Chicken Broth
- 1 8 oz. Block of Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Half & Half or Heavy Cream
- Topping Ideas: Cheese, Avocado, Fresh Cilantro, Sour Cream, Salsa, & Tortilla Chips
In conclusion the cooking time is between 4-6 hours on low. Once the chicken is tender to a forks touch than you know its done.
4. Crockpot Beef Tips: A Very Tasty & Easy Crockpot Dinner Recipe
Recipe number four on the list comes from Kate Dean over at I Heart Eating. What I like about this recipe is that you can do a lot of things with it. She shows putting it over pasta, which is so yummy! But you can also just have it alone with a side of mashed potatoes and peas.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 3 pound chuck roast
- 2 tsp. of dried thyme
- 8 ounces of button mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. of dried rosemary
- One cup of white or yellow onions
- 1 1/4 cup of beef broth
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
This crockpot recipe is one of the longer cooking times at 8 hours. But with all of these crockpot recipes, after the initial time spent putting the ingredients together the rest of the time is hands off.
5. Vegetarian Pot Pie
If you are a vegetarian, love to do do a meatless Monday meal or simply enjoy a good vegetarian dish you will love this vegetarian pot pie recipe from kichn.com.
Although the ingredient list is extensive and the last part of this recipe requires transferring to the oven to get a nice crust on the pot pie, the little bit of extra work is worth it for a home made meal like this.
Ingredients for the vegetarian pot pie are as follows:
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 6 to 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 (8-count) tube flaky refrigerator biscuits
The cooking time in the crockpot is 6 hours on low, and the last part of the recipe requires transferring to a baking dish, adding the crust tipping and baking for 30 minutes.
6. Crockpot Spaghetti & Meatballs
The first time I heard about making spaghetti and meatballs in a crockpot I thought it was a crazy idea. But to my surprise its the perfect way to make a yummy Italian dish in one pot. It is also one of the easy crockpot dinner recipes that I keep on rotation.
I like this spaghetti and meatball recipe from the New York Times test kitchen by Sarah Digregorio.
The ingredient list includes the following items:
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (about 1/2 bunch)
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan (1 to 1 1/4 cups), plus more for serving
- ½ medium onion, coarsely grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Two tablespoons whole milk
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound bulk fresh sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage
- One pound ground beef (10 to 20 percent fat)
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1 pound dried spaghetti, for serving
After making all the meatballs and adding them to the sauce mixture in the crockpot set on low and cook for four hours. At the end of the four hours, make the spaghetti noodles over the stove in boiling water and turn the crockpot up to high.
Simply serve the cooked spaghetti with the meatballs and sauce atop and enjoy!
7. Lemon Butter Chicken
For a dinner that will melt in your mouth try this lemon butter chicken recipe from Eat Well 101. This tasty dish is very versatile and can be well complimented by cauliflower rice, potatoes, or pasta noodles.
The ingredients you will need for the lemon butter chicken recipe are:
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs, skinless or with skin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, or Cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced or minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 stick butter, diced
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish
This recipe can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
8. Mongolian Beef Crockpot Recipe
For a very easy crockpot dinner recipe look no further than The Food Critic’s yummy version of crockpot Mongolian beef.
The ingredient list for this easy crockpot dish are as follows:
- 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
- ¼ cups cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoons Garlic mince, Cloves
- Soy Sauce ¾ cups
- Water ¾ cups
- Brown Sugar ¾ cups
- 1 cup Carrots grated
- green onions for garnish
Add all ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or high for 2-3 hours. This recipe goes great with white rice!
9. Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos
For a spicy dinner meal try this slow cooker turkey taco recipe from the Ambitious Kitchen. There is actually two ways to make this fun Mexican dish, over the stove or the slow cooker. For purposes of this fun easy crockpot dinner recipe list, I am going to recommend the crockpot slow cooker option, of course.
Your shopping list for ingredients will include the following:
- For the taco meat:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- One whole white onion, diced
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey (can also use 99% lean if you desire)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup water (only if making stovetop version)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings:
- 8 soft corn tortillas (or flour if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (can also use 1 large tomato, diced)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced (or sub guacamole)
- Shredded lettuce, for topping
- Sliced fresh or pickled jalapenos, for topping
Cooking time will be 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 on low heat. Before adding everything straight to the crockpot you will need to brown the ground turkey over medium heat.
Next add the diced onion to the meat. Cook for about five minutes or until the onions are translucent.
Once those steps are completed you can add to the crockpot.
10. Salsa Verde Chicken
The final easy crockpot dinner recipe on the list is a fun salsa verde chicken recipe from the New York Times test kitchen.
One of the things I like so much about recipes that come from the New York Times test kitchen are that they prepare all meals with kitchens that the average person has. They are not working with restaurant quality grills. Instead they use regular equipment that regular people have in their homes.
Ingredients to make the salsa verde chicken are:
- One and a half pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ cups jarred salsa verde
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems finely chopped (about 1 heaping cup)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh lime juice, to taste
- Any combination of rice, tortillas, pepitas, queso fresco, diced avocado and crushed tortilla chips, for serving
After adding all ingredients to the crockpot, simply cook on low for 5-6 hours before serving.